If you’re interested in this position, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please forward your resume and a note telling us why you’re interested in the role.
Account Manager/Quality Control
In order to continue to deliver the highest level of service and support to our customers, Te Aro is looking for an Account Manager/Quality Control person to join our team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, coffee-loving individual to maintain and build relationships with our wholesale partners.
The person in this role will be working closely with the owner, the roasting team, and our valuable customers. They will work with new customers to get their coffee programs launched and will regularly maintain equipment (such as grinders) as well as perform quality checks. This person will also work with existing customers to strengthen their coffee programs and build on their coffee knowledge.
This is a full-time position (Monday to Friday, 40 hours) that is based in our Leslieville HQ, however, there is travel involved throughout the city and as the role develops there will be an opportunity for travel to coffee eventsB
o Address and prioritize wholesale account needs and issues as they arise
o Work with new customers to launch their coffee program
o Work directly with the owner and roasting team to help implement new business strategic plans and ideas
o Understand and explain our philosophy and story to customers
o Having up-to-date knowledge of seasonal coffee offerings and communicating these to customers
o Develop and maintain up to date knowledge of coffee equipment
o Work directly with the roasting team and director to help move the business forward in its strategic plan
o Other duties: brewing coffee at special events, being present at coffee industry events (ie/ SCAA, Regional/National Barista Comp)
o Assist the Roasting Team with: prepping orders during busy times, sample roasting, invoicing, shipping orders,
o Working autonomously to focus on developing new accounts and maintaining current accounts within the industry.
o Maintaining coffee quality control systems and checking wholesale accounts are within the right parameters.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
– Strong written and verbal communications skills
– Knowledge of coffee, the coffee industry, equipment a plus; interest in participating in further coffee education, coffee tastings essential
– Technical aptitude — understanding the basics of how to install or fix or troubleshoot coffee equipment, such as grinders, brewers, and espresso machines.
– 1-2 years of Barista experience in the specialty market
– Customer Service experience
– Ability to work in an independent, self-directed environment while demonstrating a willingness to take strategic direction and work as part of a team
– Attention to detail in all aspects of work
-A passion for small business and quality products
-A drivers license is a requirement and own car a bonus.